Located in Mercerville, NJ, Princeton Optronics is a privately held organization, engaged primarily in the development and manufacture of high efficiency, high and low power vertical cavity surface emitting diode lasers (VCSELs), VCSEL-based optical subassemblies and modules, as well as diode pumped solid state lasers and visible lasers with direct frequency conversion. Princeton Optronics was founded in 1993 and has since been working in various cutting edge technology areas. We are located in a 30,000 square ft facility, which has over 1000 square ft of clean room space for device fabrication and 10,000 square ft dedicated to optical manufacturing . We also have a fully equipped reliability and qualification facility for our products many of which are used for US military applications.
While we manufacture low volume, quick turn around products for our customers from our Mercerville VCSEL fabrication and assembly facility, for high volume manufacturing of our products, we use outside fabs and assembly facilities located in USA and Taiwan to provide the most cost efficient high volume products to our customers.
Our breakthrough research in Vertical Cavity Surface Emitting Diode Lasers leading to highest efficiency, highest reliability and highest speed devices, as well as diode pumped solid state lasers, and frequency doubled diode lasers, has been conducted with significant funding support of various organizations of the Department of Defense. This support along with our investor funding is is moving the VCSELs to the next level of market acceptance. [See applications]
Product and Company Highlights
- Highest performance VCSELs in terms of efficiency, power, speed for a wide range of applications [See applications]
- Power conversion efficiency up to 65% catching up with the best edge-emitting lasers
- Power level density more than 3.5 kW per sq cm (VCSEL arrays of various size can be designed)
- Record power for devices with all form factors: 100W – single device, 1kW – array of VCSELs on one 5×5 mm chip
- Highest temperature operation (good efficiency through 100 deg C and works up to 150 deg C)
- Highest reliability and life time in the industry
- State-of-the-art research and pilot production facilities in house
- High volume outsourced manufacturing
- Significant IP portfolio
- Strong track record of development of custom specific devices and modules with very quick turn around and low cost